NOTE: REPOST FROM PREVIOUS WEBSITE
A wedding - one of the most stressful days of a couples life.
When I speak to couples I like to refer to the wedding as an orchestra. A wedding is like an orchestra in that it has many different parts working together to create a beautiful event.
One thing that an orchestra has that most weddings don't is a conductor. The conductors job is to make sure all the musicians are in time, at the right tempo, and correct volume. He cues them when it's time for their solo and he ensures all these parts work together effortlessly. Could these musicians create the same music without a conductor - absolutely they're a talented bunch, but they know with him at the helm they can concentrate on what they are doing, take his cues and he will make sure that together they will create a most epic piece of music.
Weddings planners / coordinators are essentially conductors for your wedding. Do you need one - NO. Could the different vendors and participants (including the couple) get through the day with out them - of course. But with them at the helm you can rest assured that you as a couple will get the info that you need to plan such a big event, vendors will be aware of the couples needs and wants, problems that arise will be dealt with quickly and the couple can relax and enjoy their special day.
I've asked my friend Nicole Schell from Breathless Moments to contribute to this blog. Nicole and I have worked together a few times and I thought she could provide a great perspective on the value of hiring a planner.
Take it away Nicole
I’m Nicole Schell, of Breathless Moments Weddings & Events. So often I hear that wedding planners are expensive and not worth it. It breaks my heart that people think this way. There are lots of reasons why you should hire a wedding planner. They really aren’t just for the celebrities and millionaires either. For the most part, every couple getting married should probably have a wedding planner...At least just for Event Day Management (day-of coordination/month-of coordination).
Here are 9 reasons why you should consider hiring a wedding planner.
1. They will save you money during the planning process. Lots of wedding vendors offer discounts to the clients of wedding planners. This is because the vendors know that the wedding day will be smoother with a wedding planner, and they enjoy working with the wedding planner. Wedding planners are also repeat business...Couples aren’t usually.
2. They will refer vendors who you may not necessarily easily find when you’re doing your own
research. This is a wonderful bonus because they will not only save you time finding the perfect vendor, but they will also probably find vendors who actually end up being more reasonable too.
3. Your wedding planning process will be stress-free. Your wedding planner will keep you on track and make your planning process easy. They will break it down for you, so that you’re not going to be overwhelmed.
4. Wedding planners will help you coordinate your entire wedding day. This is also means that
things will not get missed or forgotten. A wedding planner will remind you of things that need to happen on your wedding day.
5. You will not have to rely on friends and family. Most wedding planners do minor set-ups at no extra cost, and if they’re massive set-ups, they can add it into their packages or find you a
reputable company to do your set up. Your wedding day is about having fun and celebrating.
You don’t want your guests to be working.
6. Wedding planners will help you build your vision and keep you on track with it. It’s very easyto get overwhelmed when looking at several ideas. Couples are bombarded by the wedding industry, so it’s very easy to like a different idea and want to change everything. Wedding planners will help you rein that in, but also try to include new ideas that you love.
7. They will help you decipher contracts and advise you on items that should be included.
Occasionally there are items in the contracts that cannot be missed. A wedding planner will tell you what to look for, and make sure you’re not going to sign something that will end up costing you more money.
8. Wedding planners recommend vendors based on merit. They have worked with the vendors
and know that they do a wonderful job. This helps couples weed out the vendors who won’t
necessarily do their best. Another bonus is that they will work like a well oiled machine on your wedding day.
9. You will not have to worry about anything on your wedding day. Your wedding planner will be the go-to person on your special day. Most of the time, you won’t even know about the hiccups; and they do happen even with the best wedding planners on the job.
There are so many more reasons why you should hire a wedding planner. This is just a chip off the iceberg. Give me a call or send me an email. I’d be happy to chat some more!